Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Chicken Divan

I don't know if this is a true version of this. My mom made it the other night for dinner and it was tasty (and I thought it sounded like an excellent way to have lunch leftovers!). She told me the basics, but I don't have yogurt. So here goes with this experiment. I don't have her measures either, so I'm just guessing.

2 large chicken breasts
1 can 98% ff cream of mushroom
1/3 c low fat or fat free mayo
broccoli florets (thawed if frozen)
1 tsp lemon juice
chicken stock (about 4c. or water)
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c bread crumbs

In a large saucepan heat the stock. If you are using water, be sure to add some herbs to the mix (rosemary, thyme and sage might be good).

When the stock is boiling, put the chicken breasts in. Simmer for 7 minutes.

After 7 minutes, remove the pot from heat and let breasts sit for about a half hour.

Remove the chicken and set the broth back to boil.

Chop the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and place in a pan with broccoli (I would use a small 8x8 pan, smaller if you have one).

In a separate bowl, mix the soup, 1/2 can chicken stock, mayo and lemon juice. Pour this over the chicken/broccoli mix.

Sprinkle the cheese and bread crumbs over the mix. Bake at 350 for about 20-25 mins.

No comments: